Below please find 6 basic steps to create an effective estate plan:
- Make a valid California will, also known as a last will and testament.
- If there are sufficient assets, perhaps a revocable living trust is a better option.
- Make a power of attorney to manage assets in the event of incapacity.
- Make an advance health care directive to cover medical wishes in the event of incapacity.
- Make valid guardian nominations if there are minor children.
- File or update appropriate beneficiary designation forms.
Matthew W. Harris, Esq., LL.M assists clients with estate planning, probate, conservatorship, and trusts and estates disputes. The Law Offices of Matthew W. Harris is conveniently located in Marin County, and City of San Rafael.
Please call Matthew W. Harris, Esq., LL.M., at (415) 521-5610 for a free estate planning consultation.